Thursday, June 22, 2006

Beginning

This diary should be a story of a bar-business, as it is. But first at all, a short overview should come.

I am indeed in my mid-fifties. Born and living the most of my life in Estonia, Europe, if anybody knows that country. Have been married, having children etc. The last business was a bookseller-company, owned by myself and it was running quite well.

After several trips to Thailand, just arriving again, sitting in my favorite bar in Bangkok near Nana, I decided to stay here forever. I had no special relations in Estonia neither in Thailand. But I have been falling in love with this country, with this people, with this special attitude. I decided to fly back only for completing all my businesses, collect some financial resources and to arrive for the rest of my life.

I did not worry about finding friends or girlfriends here either; sooner or later I will undoubtedly find a good partner, I thought. Surprisingy, it happened in less than two weeks, when I met my dead Lord in Pattaya. Right now we are married and we have a baby named Lili.

The first and half year we were doing nothing. I mean, in terms of business. Indeed, there were some ideas, but we didn’t start anything actually. We had only plans, ideas and dreams a lot.

At last, the decision was made to buy a bar. The most suitable bar happens to be located near Walking Street, the always crowded and busy street in the town. The asked price was only 250 thousand baht.

No comments: